PAGES

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Loner

I have always been branded a Loner. People almost always see me alone. But that doesn't mean I don't belong to a group. In fact, I belong to about 3 to 6 groups or maybe more than that. From my childhood set of friends; to church choir members; to my highschool and college organization peers; to my officemates, and so on and so forth.


Maybe I don't appear sociable for some, but heck I am. Given the right time, people, place and occassion maybe. Sounds choosy? Yeah, maybe you're right. I'd rather be alone for a while and enjoy what I'm doing for the time being, than find myself in a group of people when all they do is talk about someone,criticize them from what they wear to what happened in that person's life; to hollywood or showbiz buzz, to everything that they can discuss just to 'talk'.

Let's just say I buy more of a good talk - having said that, I want to be in a group who knows how to handle a good 'conversation' and not just 'talk'. I know you know the difference.Ü

Maybe I am not a Loner. That's because I also don't do all things on my own. I still know how to manage and be a team player.

Besides, being alone is not bad is it? I can do whatever I want on my own convenience and in my own pace, without stepping on other's shoes. Don't be deceived of my silence though, feel free to approach and befriend me. I know I can still bring something new on the table. Ü

No comments:

Subscribe Now