PAGES

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Of Salons,Scandals and Gossips

Doing my usual routine after payday (pampering myself in my favorite salon), I was surprised to see and hear their staff and some customers google upon the Hayden Kho / Katrina Halili scandal on a cellphone. I forgot that gossips (in that case-scandals) like that are rampant in this type of place. I forgot that sometimes, if not most of the time, here is where you can get the latest scoop in town.

Maybe it just did not cross my mind that that issue almost shook the hell out of ANY, in fact EVERY one. That even a highschool student would be intrigued of what that video has to offer to appease their innocence of the matter. That even politicians would suddenly bring up their own 'say' about the issue, rather than focus on other MORE important topics which will make our country a better place to live in. That even a normal kid can now say and relate to jokes with these persons' name attached to it. And that even a side vendor is more than willing to voice out his opinion---only because they all had watched the video.

Surprisingly indeed, this scandal became a box-office hit.
How long do you think this will last? You have any idea why people even bothered to take at least an hour or so (if you combine all minutes each video had), just to skip what they're doing and take a look of what it's all about? Does it really pay to go all naked and all the way just to get this popular? Come on, feed my curiousity. Haha. Ü

Oh, one more thing...I would like to share with you another article I like from Kuya Kevin's website which also relates to this post I made. He really is very good in delivering his message. Read up! Ü

No comments:

Subscribe Now