PAGES

Sunday, May 10, 2009

OMG its MOTHER'S DAY!

Looking back on the years when I was a little kid and was still active on church groups, I remembered making cutouts and form them into a lovely card for this very special occassion, and I will distribute them one by one to the 'elders' on our church community. It reminded me of the time that I spent paying attention to other 'mothers' than my own Mom.

See, my parents separated when I was in my Second Grade. Been staying in my father's house with of course my siblings til I reach the age of 22.Have I not graduated from college and urged my parents to attend my graduation, I could not have felt that I belong to a family.

I also remembered that very day when for the very first time, my Mom just visited us in our then house in Antipolo. I was 20. Before saying goodbye and return to her house in the same city, she hugged me so tight that I know a tear could have fell, if only I don't have that hatred for the things she did.

But if not because of the Tagalog idiomatic expression "Lukso ng Dugo", I could have felt so numb by that physical action my Mom gave me. I just realized I was crying when I returned back to my room and thought about why she hugged me.

This scenario will never really get out of my memory. Because only then that I justified her action despite being away for years from her own children.

This is for you Mommy. I know you will never have the chance to read this, but I do hope, wherever you are right now, on this special day, you're enjoying your life and loving every bit of it....with or without us near you =)

I love you Mommy. Happy Mother's Day to you and to all moms out there!Ü

2 comments:

Neolex said...

awww... this is touching. i hope you celebrated together. if not, i pray for all the best for you and your mom. happy mothers day, janel.

Janellyn said...

thanks boss :)

Subscribe Now