PAGES

Monday, June 21, 2010

Pintigan Acting Workshop Journal Day 2

June 19 2010

We started our "afternoon exercises" again, around past 2pm with Mr. Michael Ian Lomongo. Did the wave, and the ear/headstand stunts once again (which, I can still barely do until now) and the forward and backward rolls, for us to carefully warm-up all the parts of our body and prepare for the next session.

Sir Sol started the class by watching us "fall" (drop on the ground) without any sound from our bones. "Just fall", he said. "If you make a sound, we'll start all over". Ugghh...I don't know why despite of our physical exercises earlier, our knees and bones still managed to crack! (Oh, make a "crack sound" that is. Hehe)

Our workshop mentor also invited some of his friends who play percussion instruments to help us "feel the beat" and "talk to each other through the beats" at the same time "focus" on just what was told for us to do (move-in-between and make a sound through our feet while following the percussion).

According to him, this session is one way of "Acting-without-words". I enjoyed it (because I once became the drummer of our school's cheering squad in elementary - haha - and since then, got fond of New Wave music and fast RnB songs, while following the beats using a spoon & fork and a tabo. Hehe). While I was still getting the hang of it, suddenly, we were asked to stop - and Sir Sol shouted and reprimanded one of my classmates to go out. The reason why, I chose not to share to give respect for my classmate.

So there. Our 2nd day ended with heavy rains, as we went down the room and checked our showcase venue (which is a parking lot).

I wonder, what's in store for us on our third Saturday...

No comments:

Subscribe Now