PAGES

Monday, June 14, 2010

Pintigan Acting Workshop Journal

DAY 1

June 12, 2010

With some of my co-Acting Workshoppers (From L: Harold aka Haronce, Vanessa and Vince aka Lady Gagita) See more photos here.

We started with some physical exercises - led by Mr. Michael Ian Lomongo, a member of the Neo-Angono Artists Collective and was with the Tanghalang Pilipino Actors' Company from 1999 to 2003. Oh, when I said, physical, I REALLY mean PHYSICAL (i.e. handstand, earstand, roll-overs and what have you. I now finally realized how a great amount of physical activity I've lost since I stopped working out. My body hurt like hell the moment I lied down on my bed). Haha, this is not to complain or anything. I actually was very, very glad that I now finally have the reason to exercise --- again. Haha.

Next, was when Mr. Soliman Cruz asked us to form a big circle, taught us about the word "Philosophy"; which is in simple terms mean 'ask questions'. Then proceeded in asking us our names (unfortunately, he didn't ask mine), because he started the following question on me - "why am I in that room or in that workshop'.

After all our answers were gathered, Direk Sol made us play a game of "catch that ball" which aims to test how good we are in following instructions and focusing on the subject. Funny thing though, when Sir Sol went out of the room to take a phone call, we were doing so great - practicing. But once he's back inside, we find it so hard to complete that 10counts without dropping the ball. Hahaha. After the workshop, we went straight to Araullo St. and watched, UFO Sightings: Cinema Knights.

Looking forward to another fun Saturday. :)

No comments:

Subscribe Now